Over the next two months, Granite City Grocery will have a substantial number of volunteer opportunities - these are all fun and great ways to get involved with the organization! As a volunteer you get the joy and satisfaction of knowing you are helping to strengthen and grow this co-operative! And, ultimately, your efforts will bring us closer to having a retail store!
If you are interested in getting involved in any of these opportunities, please email us at email@example.com. We are looking to gather with you and other volunteers sometime in early October to do a volunteer orientation!
Here are some specific volunteer opportunities on our list to whet your appetite!
- help table at Barre Opera House Celebration Series concerts (sorry, this doesn't include free tickets to the shows...wish it did!) as soon as October 4th
- help table at the Taste of Home Show - October 5th
- help organize, setup and staff our special Coop Month event - free dinner and screening of hunger documentary "A Place at the Table" the evening of Tuesday, October 22nd at the Old Labor Hall
- cook and bring a soup to share for the above mentioned event
- help organize, setup and staff our Annual Meeting which is scheduled for the evening of Friday, November 15th (must be an owner - paid first payment plus completed an owner agreement for this) - location to be determined, but likely downtown.
- staff any GCG table that we might have for the Barre Merry Holiday event - Saturday, November 30th.
- help organize, setup and staff our booth a the Barre Holiday Farmer's Market - December 6th from 3 to 7 pm at the Old Labor Hall.
- participate in our Own It campaign - film a 60-second testimonial with CVTV/Videovision (must be an owner for this)
- write a letter to the editor in support of becoming an owner! (of course, you have to be an owner for this!)