We are organizing a fantastic end-of-summer "EAT LOCAL COOKOUT" which will also include a volunteer appreciation component on Sunday, September 15th from 4 to 6 pm at Currier Park. Click here for more information! http://www.granitecitygrocery.coop/eat_local_cookout. As a thank you for volunteering, whether you are an owner or not, you will get the owner pricing of $5/person or $15/family. We may also have another fun giveaway - working on that!
GCG Owner and Cook Rick Beun is heading up the grill. And, we need volunteers for quite a few fun and interactive jobs!
Here they are! Just leave a comment to this post (or where indicated - for the Info Table, Setup & Cleanup - please sign up for a shift online at http://www.granitecitygrocery.coop/eat_local_cookout
- 3 people to help pick up food and deliver it to our storage site in Barre (to be determined) on Friday, September 13th
- 5 people to help in the kitchen on Sunday, September 15th from between 1 to 4 pm; making lemonade/ice tea, helping chop veggies, preparing hamburg, etc.
- 2 people to help transport food from kitchen (either Masonic Temple or Cong. Church) to Currier Park between 3 and 4 pm.
- 5 people to set up at Currier Park between 3 and 4 pm (includes lifting/moving about 5-10 tables/chairs from either Masonic Temple or Cong. Church and transporting to Currier Park - transportation needed) from
- 8 people to take a 1/2 hour turn sitting at the Info Table - helping a Board Member accept owner agreements and payments, answering questions, encouraging more volunteer signups, selling tshirts, etc. Sign up here: http://www.granitecitygrocery.coop/eat_local_cookout
And, please don't forget to RSVP for the event yourself (and for anyone else in your family you are bringing along!)
Thank you for helping out - together we can make this a fun, rewarding, and delicious event!