In the last month, the GCG board and volunteers have accomplished a significant amount of work. Click here for the most recent board minutes. And read below for the mid-September update!
Here’s the update:
- The August board meeting focused on a review and digestion with help of our startup food coop consultant of the Market Study which was delivered to the board late July by Dakota WorldWide.
- Financially, GCG continues to use its Food Coop Initiative grant and community donations to fund operations; owner equity is being preserved for what’s to come!
- Sub-committees of the board had their first phone call meetings with startup food coop consultant Ben Sandel and proforma financial consultant Bill Gessner.
- GCG’s new Own It! Campaign hit the airwaves (Froggy & Frank) and CVTV cable 7 & 23. Check out our first cable TV spot with Emily Kaminsky here.
- Volunteers reached out to owners with thanks and to pledges with encouragement to join.
- Tshirts and buttons with our “heart” design were put in production to be ready for distribution in September.
- Preparations were underway by a large team of volunteers for the Eat Local Cookout on September 15th.
- Our webmaster Chris Riddell made some updates and improvements to our website (check out new pictures and look!) here.
What’s to come? We’re working on some special programming for Co-op Month (October) and an Annual Meeting and Board Election in November. Want to get involved? Follow this link to volunteer!