September 11th Update: We've reached our capacity for this event and are no longer taking any additional RSVPs. Thank you! Also, in case of rain, we will be at Masonic Temple just across from VT History Center and a stone's throw from Currier Park.
It's the end of Summer! We want to celebrate our growing GCG Owner family and appreciate dozens of fantastic volunteers. Come celebrate and appreciate with our Eat Local Cookout at Currier Park on Sunday, September 15th from 4 to 6 pm! RSVP here and bring your check or cash to the event.
- GCG Owners and their families. PRICE: $5/person or $15 family special
- Non-Owners and their families. PRICE: $8/person or $20 family special! Sign up to become an owner and make your payment at the event and you get the special Owner pricing!
Other Details You Need To Know:
- Bring your own plates, cutlery, and cups (we'll have some plastic/paper on hand just in case)
- Bring a picnic blanket and chairs (we will not have tables and chairs available for seating)
- Bring a side dish or dessert if you wish to share (not required)
- There are no alcoholic beverages allowed per our event permit with the City; we will furnish beverages
- Rain location to be determined (stay tuned!)
Menu prepared and grilled over charcoal fire by GCG Owner and Chef Rick Beun:
- Forest Road Beef Hamburgers and locally-grown fixin's
- Vino di Campo sausages
- Vermont Bean Crafter Bean Burgers
- Red Hen Bakery Buns
- Cabot Cheese & Vermont Butter & Cheese
- LePage Organic Farm roasted veggies and salad
- Paquet Farm roasted corn
- Barre Tech Center desserts
We need 5 volunteers to help our chef with prepping and transporting food from local church to Currier Park between 2 and 4 pm, 5 volunteers an hour before to help set up and 5 volunteers an hour after for clean up. Plus folks to help people-power the info table during the event (at 1/2 hour increments). Sign up here!
See you Sunday, the 15th!
Barre, VT 05641
Google map and directions